April Monthly Summary

Thursday, May 6, 2010



April was an interesting reading month. I didn't get anything read for my Color Challenge, but got quite a lot done for my 101010 Challenge. I read 20 books total. Here's my update...

APRIL
101010 Challenge
(10 books in 10 categories in 2010)

Favorite authors (8/10)
-"The White Seal" by: Rudyard Kipling - ★★★
-"Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" by: Rudyard Kipling - ★★★

Nonfiction / Travel Memoirs (9/10)
-"A Crack in the Edge of the World: America and the Great California Earthquake of 1906" by: Simon Winchester - ★★☆
-"The Happiness Project" by: Gretchen Rubin - ★★★★
-"Literary England" by: Richard Wilcox- ★★★
-"The Kitchen Confidential" by: Anthony Bourdain- ★★★★
-"The Poe Shadow" by: Matthew Pearl- ★★☆

Recommended (10/10)
-"The Little Stranger" by: Sarah Waters - ★★★★☆
-"Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History" by: Art Spiegelman- ★★★★☆
-"Beat the Reaper" by: Josh Bazell- ★★★★

Plays (esp. Pulitzer Prize Winners) (9/10)
-"All's Well That Ends Well" by: William Shakespeare- ★★★☆

Short Stories / Poetry Collections (4/10)
-"Heaven and Other Poems" by: Jack Kerouac - ★★★★

1,000 Books / Gilmore Girls List (9/10)
-"The Meaning of Consuelo" by: Judith Oritz Cofer - ★★★☆

Sequels (7/10)


Book Awards (Pulitzer, Booker, Orange) (6/10)
-"Olive Kitteridge" by: Elizabeth Strout- ★★★
-"Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Began" by: Art Spiegelman- ★★★★★
-"Invisible Man" by: Ralph Ellison - ★★☆

One Book One Town / Book Club (8/10)
-"In an Instant: a family's journey of love and meaning" by: Lee and Bob Woodruff - ★★★☆
-"The Heretic's Daughter" by: Kathleen Kent- ★★★★
-"The Unnamed" by: Joshua Ferris- ★★★★

Random Book Challenge (6/10)
-"O Pioneers!" by: Willa Cather - ★★★★★


Here's January, February and March's summaries.

Photo by moi.

3 comments:

Jenners said...

You are doing good. I realized that I better start focusing on finishing some of the challenges I signed up for instead of doing them all scattered like.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I never do mine in order, but I try to keep them in mind when I'm choosing what I read next. I read whatever I'm in the mood for, but try to pick from a stack that will go towards some challenge or another.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm hoping to revisit Rikki Tikki Tavi myself sometime soon - I'm heading over to check out your review now!